Mobile Food Units


Any food service establishment that is vehicle-mounted and easily moved is considered a mobile food unit. 

No matter what food is being served from the mobile food unit, it must meet standards such as hot and cold running water, separate sinks for hand and utensil washing, and mechanical refrigeration that meets requirements. 

Push Cart

A push cart is smaller, open mobile equipment that is designed to serve simple items such as hot dogs. Both mobile food units and push carts must be permitted and are required to operate in conjunction with a permitted restaurant or commissary.

Apply for a Permit

To apply for a mobile food unit permit, return the following items to the Environmental Health office:

  • $150 plan review fee (check made payable to Haywood County Environmental Health)
  • Completed and signed commissary agreement
  • Completed and signed servicing area agreement
  • Completed application form

Links and Resources