- Assessment includes face-to-face contact and interviews with all potential victims of the alleged abuse, neglect, or exploitation and their caretakers, includes the gathering of other information and documents needed to make a determination of whether or not the person is a disabled adult in need of protection
- Call 828-452-6620 and ask for Adult Protective Services Intake or if after hours, at night or on weekends, contact the Haywood County Sheriff’s Office at 828-452-6666 and request to speak to the On-Call Social Worker for Adults
- Intake is the receipt, screening and documentation of information reported by persons who believe that an adult is in need of protection/intervention
- Intervention and case planning to ensure the future safety of adults with disabilities who are in need of protection
- Necessary to protect adults with disabilities, who are vulnerable to abuse, neglect or exploitation
- Reports can be made 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
Equal Opportunity Employer & Provider
Haywood County Health and Human Services Agency is an equal opportunity employer and provider.