SA-In-Home Program

What Is Special Assistance?

This program provides additional income to those who are eligible to assist with purchasing necessary items or services to be able to remain in their home and avoid rest home placement.

What are the qualifications for Special Assistance?

Recipients must receive full Medicaid (Blue Card), have an income lower than $851 per month and their physician must complete a form recommending rest home level of care.

Will the Special Assistance money county against me for other services?

The additional money will not affect your Medicaid nor your SSI or SSA. The money is counted toward your total monthly income and can decrease food stamps and possibly your amount of housing assistance.

How do I apply for Special Assistance?

You can make an application with HHSA's Social Work Division Adult Services Programs.  


Equal Opportunity Employer & Provider

Haywood County Health and Human Services Agency is an equal opportunity employer and provider.