What am I supposed to do?

If you conduct a regulated land-disturbing activity, you are required to take all reasonable measures to prevent sediment damage to adjoining properties, lakes and natural watercourses. Contact the Haywood County Erosion Control Program for more specific details and instructions regarding your specific activity.

Show All Answers

1. What is a regulated land-disturbing activity?
2. Isn’t farming exempt?
3. When did this exemption begin?
4. What am I supposed to do?
5. Why have I got to do all this stuff, just for a little mud?
6. If I disturb less than required for a permit, do I still have to do anything?
7. How long have I got to get grass growing or put gravel down?
8. Can I go ahead and start work without plan approval or a permit as long as I stay under the permitting threshold?
9. Can I at least begin cutting trees?
10. What do you mean that’s trout water a trout can’t live in that trickle?
11. What if I start work before I get a Land-Disturbing Permit?
12. Does my permit ever expire?
13. When I finish my project, do I need to do anything?
14. Doesn’t the county have a storm water ordinance?
15. I’m in the Town of Clyde. Can you inspect the neighbor’s bad work?