How to Pay Your Taxes
Listed below are the ways to pay your Haywood County taxes:
1. Pay Online (Click Here) - You may pay online with a Credit Card, Debit Card, or Check
2. Pay by Phone - You may pay by phone by dialing 1-877-729-8290. You must have your bill # and account # when calling.
3. Pay by Mail - You may mail a check or money order to the address on your tax bill.
4. Payment Dropbox - You may pay with check or money order by placing it into the payment dropbox in front of the Historic Courthouse located at 215 North Main Street in Waynesville. NO CASH SHOULD BE LEFT IN DROPBOX.
5. Pay with Cash - You may make cash payments in the Tax Collections office.
Dear personal property owners:
Discovery letters for unlisted personal property (mobile homes, trailers, boats, untagged vehicles, etc.) are currently being sent out. Property owners have 30 days to appeal these values. The bills for this personal property will be out in October. Please be advised that you will get additional bills in October if you did not turn in your listing forms. If you have any questions, please contact the tax assessor’s office. Thank you.
North Carolina General State Statute 105-348
All Interested Persons Charged With Notice of Taxes
All persons who have or who may acquire any interest in any real or personal property that may be or may become subject to a lien for taxes are hereby charged with notice that such property is or should be listed for taxation, that taxes are or may become a lien thereon, and that if taxes are not paid the proceedings allowed by law may be taken against such property. This notice shall be conclusively presumed, whether or not such persons have actual notice. (1939, c. 310, s. 1705; 1971, c. 806, s. 1.)
Tax Administration is divided into three departments:
- Tax Assessment - The Tax Assessment Department is responsible for maintaining records of real and personal property ownership for use in determining ad valorem taxation.
- Tax Collections - The Tax Collection Department is responsible for collecting all county real and personal property taxes assessed within the county.
- Land Records/Geographic Information Systems - The Land Records / Geographic Information Services (GIS) Department is responsible for the development, maintenance, and dissemination of the County’s digital geographic data.