Recording a Deed or Plat

Most land-related documents must be presented to the Land Records/Geographic Information Systems (GIS) office before recording in the Register of Deeds. It must be determined if the transaction complies with the Subdivision/ Pre-development and Watershed ordinances. A mailing address for tax bill purposes must be obtained and a copy of the document is made for mapping and transferring. The Review Officer (or a designee) must verify the necessary plat requirements and sign the plat before recording.