- 7:00 pm on the 2nd Tuesday of the month in February, April, June, August, October, and December.
- Clyde Town Hall Conference Room, 8437 Carolina Boulevard, Clyde, NC
- The Clyde Board of Zoning Adjustment is a quasi-judicial board.
- Powers and duties include:
- Administrative review
- Grant conditional use permits and variances
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the Zoning Inspector in enforcement of the Clyde Zoning Ordinance.
- Authorize upon appeal in specific cases such variances based on the criteria established in the zoning ordinance.
- Six members and one alternate member of the larger Clyde Board of Zoning Adjustments are appointed by Haywood County Board of Commissioners. These members must live within the one-mile Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) of the town.
- Vacancies in ETJ positions will be posted on the county website and sent to the publication sunshine list as they occur. After review by the Clyde Town Aldermen, appointment recommendations are made to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Members are appointed to three-year terms.
For more information about Town of Clyde boards, visit: https://www.clydenc.us/newpage