- 4 pm the second Monday of each month
- Apple Orchard Building, 758 Crabtree Rd, Waynesville
- Seeks to promote and encourage agricultural, manufacturing, educational, recreational, cultural, and art activities and events for the enrichment of Haywood County. This board also plans and coordinates the annual Haywood County Fair.
- Members are expected to be involved and participate in Smoky Mountain Event Center (SMEC) Board-sponsored events and activities.
- Sets policies and operating procedures for all SMEC facilities, properties, activities, and staff.
- Hires and supervises all staff and contractors.
- Takes all necessary actions to maintain current status as a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
- The SMEC Board has seven members, including one Haywood County Commissioner.
- Vacancies are posted to the Haywood County website and distributed to the publication sunshine list as they occur.
- The SMEC Board reviews and interviews applicants, then makes recommendations to the Board of Commissioners for appointment.
- Except when fulfilling an unexpired term, members are appointed to a three-year term immediately following their appointment by the Board of County Commissioners. Upon completion of the initial three-year term, members are eligible for reappointment to an additional three-year term.
For more information, visit: https://www.smokymountaineventcenter.org/