- Meeting locations are determined in a timely fashion prior to the meeting based on the status of government recommendations relating to COVID-19 safety precautions. Meetings are at 9:00 am. For more information and meeting schedule, visit: https://haywoodtda.com/board-schedule-reports/
- The Haywood County TDA Board provides oversight of the Tourism Development Authority’s:
- Financial matters, policies and procedures
- Marketing activities, materials, policies and procedures
- Group Sales activities, policies, and procedures
- Personnel matters, policies and procedures
- Bylaws and political issues
- The Haywood County TDA Board has fifteen members, including:
- Three who own or operate hotels, motels or other accommodations with more than 20 units
- Three who own or operate hotels, motels, or other accommodations with 20 or fewer rental units
- Two members who own or operate a tourism-related business, including, but not limited to, county attractions, resorts, restaurants, gift shops, and concert venues
- Four at-large members recommended to the Haywood County Board of Commissioner by the 4 municipal governments (Town of Clyde, Town of Canton, Town of Maggie Valley, Town of Waynesville).
- Three ex-officio non-voting members as follows: a member of the Haywood County Board of Commissioners, the Haywood County Finance Officer who serves as accountant, and the Haywood County Economic Development Director.
- All Commissioner-appointed vacancies will be posted on the county website and sent to the publication sunshine list as they occur. The Haywood County Commissioners interview candidates and vote on their appointment in open session
For more information about the Haywood County TDA, visit https://haywoodtda.com/ and https://visitncsmokies.com/.