- Meets as needed, usually on the third Thursday of the month at 5:30 pm
- Town Hall board room at 3987 Soco Road, Maggie Valley
- Meeting dates and times may be affected by COVID-19 safety measures and other factors. To check the schedule, call 828-926-0866.
- The Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBOA) serves as the quasi-judicial body within the Town of Maggie Valley. The ZBOA hears cases for special use permits and variances, and is the deciding body in such cases. The ZBOA also hears appeals from zoning interpretations made by the Town Planner.
- The Maggie Valley Zoning Board of Adjustment consists of seven members. Five are appointed by the Town Board of Aldermen and shall be citizens who reside within the town limits of Maggie Valley. Two members reside within the town’s extraterritorial planning jurisdiction (ETJ) and are appointed by the Haywood County Board of Commissioners.
- Vacancies in the commissioner-appointed ETJ positions will be posted on the county website and sent to the publication sunshine list as they occur. The Maggie Valley Town Aldermen review the applications and make appointment recommendations for ETJ members to the Board of County Commissioners.
For more information, visit: https://maggievalleync.gov/government/departments/planning-development-departments/#1480276363250-d084cba3-e596