- Third Monday of each month at 5:30 pm
- Waynesville Town Hall board room, 9 South Main Street, Waynesville
- Makes studies of areas, prepares plans, develops policies, ordinances and administrative procedures, making recommendations to the Board of Aldermen and/or Board of Adjustment regarding these issues.
- There are nine members on the Board, seven appointed by the Town Aldermen and two extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) members appointed by the Haywood County Commissioners.
- The Town of Waynesville posts vacancies. If requested, the Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners will cross-post ETJ vacancies on the county website and send to the sunshine publication list. The Waynesville Town Aldermen review applications and make ETJ appointment recommendations to the Haywood County Board of Commissioners.
- Members are appointed to three year terms.
For more information, visit: https://www.waynesvillenc.gov/planning-board