- First Tuesday of each month at 3:00 pm
- Hemlock Building Board Room (Room 1509) on the Haywood Community College (HCC) campus
- The HCC Board of Trustees is responsible for the development and governance of the college in accordance with the provisions of the law and the policies of the State Board of Community Colleges.
- The HCC Board of Trustees consists of twelve appointed board members and the current Student Government Association president.
- The Governor’s Office, the Haywood County Commissioners, and the Haywood County School Board each appoint four trustees. The SGA president is elected by the HCC student body.
- Members are appointed to 4-year terms.
- Vacancies in the four positions appointed by the Haywood County Commissioners will be posted on the county website and distributed to the publication sunshine list as they occur. The Commissioners interview the applicants and then vote on the appointments in open session.
- Appointees to the HCC Board of Trustees must comply with the requirements of House Bill 1843, the State Government Ethics Act. The Act mandates that individuals must complete the Statement of Economic Interest. The Statement must be submitted to the State Ethics Commission prior to individuals assuming their position on the Board of Trustees. HCC will coordinate with the appointee to assure this requirement is met.
For more information, visit https://www.haywood.edu/about-hcc/college-leadership.php